Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!
Wow! What a year!
A lot of good times, but some hard times too. 
Isn't that the end of every year, though? It's as if all of the sudden we can look backwards and see what God was doing all year long. Funny, huh? 

Since I haven't really been posting this year, let me recap. 
My dad decided to spend another year on the Precious Moments restaurant, so we all pitched into help. My Grandpa passed away as did my Great Grandma. 
My counselor, and close friend, left our church, which caused me to have to branch out to other people. I have made a lot of good friends. (Smile!)
I turned 18, and took my first college classes with our community college, passing with flying colors! 
My dad closed the restaurant about two weeks ago now and is searching for new employment. 

It's been a rough ride this year, but not like last year. Last year the devil really attacked our family. We were so discontent with each other all the time. We fought a lot and never won. Somehow 2015 was much better. I don't know what changed, but I think it was all of us being changed by God.  It's amazing how He quietly changes our perspective, attitudes, and life styles without us even knowing it.

God is always faithful. 
If you are in a rut, don't give up. 
Take the next step and never let go of God.

He will never let go of you.
Ever. 

Remember, you can scream, you can cry...
but don't you dare let go
and don't you dare give up!

 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 Philippians 4: 6-7
God Bless!
Emily
Teen for the Lord

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEARS, EMILY!!!! xD Congrats of graduating with flying colors. :) It seems that 2015 has been better than 2014 for my family as well. Less turbulent, more happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...