Monday, May 23, 2011

Joplin Tornado

   On May 22, 2011 we went to church as usual. I helped with the worship service and played with my friends afterwards.
   We came home and ate, and pretty much did our own thing. Then it got cloudy. Of course we didn't think anything of it, the same when it started raining  But we thought something of when we got nickel and bigger sized hail, and we heard a continuous thundering.  My dad said we were in a tornado watch so we went down to our basement. We were listening to the radio and heard that almost all of the business' on Rangeline road were demolished. The 'thunder' was the tornado.
     I don't think I've ever prayed harder for God's protection; and I wouldn't go too far by saying that I haven't had many times that required as much. Well, it soon was fine for us to go upstairs. Our town was spared  yet again from a killer tornado.
     The tornado was a mile across and it took a ton of Joplin. The damage is incredible. I mean, there is nearly nothing left on Rangeline. And St. John's took severe damage and all those medical facilities were destroyed. They are nothing but a pile of rubble.
     There have been a lot of tornadoes around our town in my life, but nothing that compared with this. Please  pray, pray, pray for the people of Joplin!!!! 
     If you of someone you know wants to get involved with volunteer work  you need to go to MSSU. I guess they are organizing and collecting things there. I do know that power is down so much so that the weather station could not give much information to people. As far as I know the death toll is at 89. I have NO idea how many are wounded. If you want to see footage just type into a search engine 'Joplin tornado'. Again prayer is needed desperately!!
 
    Now this morning I asked God to give me something to read in the Bible and this is what I was given:

    Psalm 48: 9, 11

      48:9 " We have thought of your lovingkindness" and  48:11 " Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of your judgments."

     Be glad because of His judgments? I don't know how you can be glad about this. I mean it's already taken 89 lives. That is one to pray about.

     Before those verses I got these. I'll put the address here and you can look them up.
  
     Psalm 55: 4-8

     He also gave me this awesome verse:

     Psalm 55: 22

        " Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you;
       He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

     Isn't that great? If you are walking in God's light you don't need to worry. What a promise. What a God.

     Teen for the Lord

1 comment:

  1. Emily, please pray for me and the Puebla/Thomas family. My best friend died last night in the tornado. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...