Monday, August 6, 2012

Fear

A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger.
A feeling of disquiet or apprehension: a fear of looking foolish.

  Now, if you're honest, how many times have you felt afraid? If you're anything like me, then quite often right? And if you're honest, very honest, you might admit that you are still afriad of the dark sometimes. Which, by the way, is not a bad thing at all. You are unprotected and vulnerable in the dark. You have every right to be afraid of it.
 
  I'll admit I'm scared of sharks and get nervous when I swim in creeks and rivers by myself.  It's because of what's in the water. I'm scared of not knowing what's under or beside me.

  For you it may be dogs, mice, crocodiles, fire, water, storms, crowds, people, spiders, bugs, anything!
 
 I don't know if God designs us with fear or not. But I do know that we all fear something, and we all can overcome it.

 I've been dealing with fear lately. It's a hard thing to battle. Fear is an emotion and is sometimes a good thing. But, Satan can use it against us. And some of it is demonic. Yes, I do believe that Satan can use his powers against us even when we are saved. One of his favorites is temptation. Satan was able to use his powers against Jesus, for goodness sakes! He can use them on us.

 But as you have heard before, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

 No, that doesn't mean you should be reckless. It just means you don't need to fear if God is on your side. He is your protector, and He loves you no matter what.

 So next time you are faced with fear, remember that God is on your side.

 Teen for the Lord

Shared with:
Faithful Fridays with Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...