Monday, April 29, 2013

Victory!!!

  Ok, I titled this post Victory because, for quite some time, I have been living on the fence in between victory and defeat. It's not fun and I don't recommend it!

  Yesterday a bunch of the girls from my church went to a women's confrence called Supernova. It was a blast (pardon the pun!)! There were dances, worship, and several speakers. Now I don't know where you come from or where your walk with the Lord is, but you are never without flaws. We're human, and we'll never be perfect. Man, do I know it!

  Like I said, I'd been living on the fence without much passion for living in either territory. I had been discouraged for a long time; I'd seen God working and showing up in other peoples lives, but not in mine. It was like I had a wall built up, and I wasn't allowing God in. I felt like I was in the way, that I was the reason He wasn't showing up. I was doubting His reality in MY life. So, as you would guess, I wasn't expecting it when He showed up.

  There was a lady at the conference named Maureena Smith. She was incredible! After just listening to her, I loved her. Awesome woman of God! I really hope I get the honor to see her again, and it's gonna be fun with her as my neighbor in Heaven. Anyway, she shared her testimony, and then asked for anyone dealing with depression to come forward. I had the classic battle: should I go up? I'm not really dealing with depression. This isn't for me. But I do need help. Epic, huh?

  God sits in the heavens and laughs. Don't tell me He dosen't have a sense of humor! God knew.

  Suddenly, she came down the aisle (I was only on the second row) praying for each of us girls. She got to me and stopped. She touched my head and prayed for me. I sat down. She prophesied over me. I wepted. And God broke that wall down. AND I CHOSE VICTORY!!! I was so joyful! I just thanked Him over and over! What else could I do? I knew right then and there that my God was REAL!! That His son was real!! I needed that reassurance.

  So really this post is a praise report. But it also is for those who have been following the Lord and feel like He's far away. That He's not paying attention, because He is. He just has His own time schedule, that's all. HE HAS NOT FORGOTTEN YOU! AND YOU ARE NOT HOPELESS!! Keep pressing into His presence. Talk to Him and listen to Him. He wants to have a relationship with you.

   Last but not least, LIVE IN VICTORY!! When in defeat, you are an open target for the enemy. It's a lifestyle, it's a choice. You have to choose to believe. You have to choose to live in victory. You have to choose to live not according to your feelings, but according to the Word of God. It's not easy, but it's worth it. May God Bless You All Abundantly!!

Teen for the Lord Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...