Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Cozy Day's Thoughts

  I just got done with school. It took a while today, and I'm glad to be done! I made a good grade for my science quiz and was exempt from the chapter test. I'm happy (and a little proud of myself)! I thought I was going to do terribly; but I prayed through it, and the Holy Spirit helped me remember. I still can't quite believe that I got some of those questions correct. Thank you, Jesus!

  It's been a rainy day today. Perfect fall weather! Of course I don't want just rainy days this fall, but I usually enjoy them when they come around. Nothing like snuggling up in front of the fire with a warm blanket, a cup of tea, and a good book. The epitome of cozy! We don't have a fire place but the wood stove in our dining room won't be idle much longer. Soon the air will be filled with the smell of burning oak and the sounds of the crackling fire. It makes me giddy to think about it!

  Here's a couple installments of Pretty Thrifty for you (sorry about the typos in previous posts!). It's obviously been a while since I got around to posting. Sorry!





Earrings (giveaway)
Scarf (given to me) 
T-shirt: $0.25
Bracelet: $1.00
Skirt (made by me)
Flip-Flops (clearance): $1.00

Total:
$2.25
These were a garage sale treasure. I found them at a garage sale priced at $3.00. I haggled it down to a dollar. I got to the car and decided that when I got home, I would look up how much they were new. 
So when I got home I typed in "Kenneth Cole Reaction". 
I found a pair that looked similar to mine and they were $60 new. 
But I just looked them up again to make sure the price. I found the exact kind on e-bay for $40. I couldn't find the exact kind on the Kenneth Cole website. 
Still, it was a good deal!


   My baby, Tiger!
(He's pawing, not trying to claw me! He doesn't claw!)




Earrings (giveaway)
Scarf : $3.00
Blouse: $0.25
Jeans: $1.00
Shoes (given to me)

Total:
$4.25

 God Bless!
Emily



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...