Friday, January 17, 2014

Chocolate Mint Sipper




 Hi, everybody!
I'm sorry for not writing sooner! Life has just been difficult.
Hopefully I will have a new Pretty Thrifty by next Monday or so, but you never know what's going to happen.
I got my stitches out Tuesday and my finger is healing up wonderfully!
I honestly am looking forward to washing the dishes.
Crazy, I know!

  This afternoon, Amy and I were home alone for a little while, so I decided to make a smoothie.
But, since we were lacking fresh or frozen fruit, it didn't turn out to be a much of  a smoothie. It came out more like a thin slushy. Don't get me wrong! It was delicious!
In fact, it was so good, I plan to make it again.  
   Now, before I tell you what is in it, I admit that Mint Chocolate is one of my favorite flavors.
   (But, my all time favorite is Peanut Butter Chocolate)
~~groans of ecstasy~~
!!!!!!!!!
What is in this original drink?


1 1/4 cups milk
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 Tbsp white sugar
 Scant 1/4 tsp mint extract
2 cups ice
(Adjust sugar and extract to taste as needed.)



Mix the first three ingredients together in a blender.
Add mint extract and blend for a couple seconds.
Continue blending and gradually add in ice.
CAUTION!
If you have cubed ice be careful not to add too much at a time.
You're supposed to enjoy this drink, not regret making it as you head to the hardware store for a new blender.
Well, I hope you enjoy it!
If you make it, drop a comment and tell me what you thought of it!
God Bless,
Emily



4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! Hope you enjoy those dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, sounds really good! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Cindy. Hope you try it and enjoy it.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...