Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pretty Thrifty: Amy, 4-H, and Pride and Prejudice

Hi, everybody. This week I decided to take pictures of my sister Amy for my Pretty Thrifty post. It worked out well. Her outfit was much better than mine anyway.
 ~ She made her skirt ~

"LET IT GOOOOOO!"

The truth is this: I was too lazy to get pictures of myself. Amy looked great Sunday, so I simply announced we were going to take pictures of  her instead of me. Good thing she isn't too camera shy. :)
                                       
This week is the 4-H fair, so we worked hard to get our cakes and photographs finished Thursday and Friday. By working hard, I mean two hours of practicing on Thursday and four on Friday. I think I probably made somewhere around eight batches of icing. Yep, all icing. No fondant. But I got a blue ribbon. Yay!

In Photography I earned:
Blue!
Red
and Blue! 
So overall not bad for my first year.

I've been reading House of Hades. It's not as creepy as it sounds. Just the next installment of the Heroes of Olympus series, in which the next, and I believe the last installment, doesn't come out until this fall! UGHHH!

I rented the old Pride and Prejudice this week at the movie store and watched it Sunday afternoon. It wasn't bad, but kind of boring. It put Amy to sleep. That doesn't happen often at all. But I was determined to see it through, and I did. I do like Elizabeth's character. I actually took a "Which Austen character are you?" quiz and came out as Elizabeth. I think I do prefer the new version of Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley as Elizabeth, but I haven't seen it in a long time. I think I'll try to borrow it from my friend this week to watch it.

Well I'm going let y'all go. We're having chili tonight and we're going to watch Superman: Man of Steel. Ought to be interesting!
God bless!
Teen for the Lord

Season Skirt Hop Summer
Show & Share - Take a Look Tuesday  - You're Gonna Love it Tuesday -Titus Tuesdays -  Tuesdays with a Twist Tuesdays at Our Home -  Backyard Farming  Connection - Totally Talented Tuesdays - 


1 comment:

  1. Your photography is amazing! I love the one with the flowers :) How are you liking House of Hades? I got done with it a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty much dying of suspense for fear that something will happen to my favorite characters in the final book! I can't wait for your next blog post!!!
    -Penny

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...