Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

 


                                                                                       Our little rescue dog! 


Hello everyone!
 
     Two days ago I went to the dog shelter in our town! Oh, sooooo cute! No uglies, though.
I was with my friend, and we had a good time. Except I got peed on. Yuck!!!!
We got to walk some pretty dogs, and some really hyper dogs!
But I got to walk a very timid dog. She was really nice. Long black and tan hair, about two and a half feet long, but really low to the ground. She had probably been beaten before, and was a bit afraid of humans. But she faced her fear and found out that I was nice to her and loved on her. I hope she finds a home soon.

    There was another dog, though, that tried to bite me. He, too, may have come from a bad home. But, unlike the last dog, he didn't let go of his fear and assumed I was trying to hurt him, instead of pet him.

   I have a question though. Which dog are you? Are you the dog that decided you would let go of the past, and try again, or the one that missed out on the love he could have had if he had had courage?

   You see, people are like dogs in that way. They can hold on to the abuse that they have experienced and let it make them hard, and suspicious; or, they can let it go, forgive, and move on.

   If you have had an experience that has left you angry, bitter, or suspicious, there is hope for you.
It's called Jesus. Jesus died for everyone on the cross so that they could be free from sin. He also died so that you could release that bitterness and give it to Him.

   You eventually will have to decide for yourself whether you will follow Him, and let Him give you eternal life.  Or, you can choose another religion, and go to eternal suffering.  I want you to go to Heaven. I want you to have eternal happiness.

   But before that happens, you have to know Christ. If you want to except Him as your personal Lord and Saviour, all you have to do is say the following prayer:

    Dear Jesus,
I believe that you died for me on the cross so that I could be free from sin.
I want you to come into my life, and guide my footsteps.
      In your holy name,
  Amen.

 And that's it. If you prayed that prayer, please leave a comment, and I will pray for you that you will stand firm, and grow. Now the next step is to get a Bible and start reading. There will probably be a version at your local book store. I recommend the New King James Version (NKJV) or the New International Version (NIV).

    God bless you and guide you!

A Teen for the Lord,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...