Monday, November 25, 2013

Pink, Silver, and (ouch!) Conviction!


Thanks to my sister for the photography
Visit her blog here.
 Ear rings (free)
Scarf (garage sale): $1.00
Shirt (given to me)
Tank top: $5.00
Jeans (garage sale): $1.00
Boots (garage sale): $1.00
Total:
 $8.00
  P.S.
  I wrote this a couple of weeks ago. It was supposed to get posted, but it didn't. I just didn't want to go back and figure all the particulars out. ~~guilty grin~~
  Enjoy anyway!
  About a little over a week ago a lady in our church died. She was a beautiful, loving kind and caring woman of God. My dad worked with her and my mom was rather close to her. We went to her memorial on Saturday. Despite the fact it was a sad reason to get together, it was a good time. We had worship and we ( the church body ) came together and supported each other, helping with food, clean up, and loving one another. God has promised us in His word He will turn things out for our good. Charity's passing has awakened some of us to the fact that we are a family, and we need to act and love like it. We are a family because we have to support each other. After all, WWJD? ~~smile~~

  For me, it has made me wonder what people would say about me if I were to die or suddenly leave. Would they say I was a servant, loved  God and people? Or would they be glad that I was gone? So I guess it has made me want to love completely, without expecting anything from others.

  It's good. God is working on me, and honestly, I'm glad. Sometimes it's hard for me to continue to fight and conquer. Unfortunately, He usually has to give me orders for me to do things. I do a lot on my own.

  But, there is grace in abundance. I was reminded of that this weekend. In the sermon Sunday, my Pastor talked about the verse that says "a righteous man may fall seven times but he will get up again."
(Proverbs 24:16) I needed that. A righteous man fights. He doesn't give up when he falls. He grabs the Commander's hand that is stretched out to pick him up and KEEPS ON FIGHTING!

  Also we are fighting from victory. Christ has conquered everything. Period. So if you are with Him you already have the victory and you just have to defend it. It's like defending a position in a battle. You have the victory, but every once in a while the enemy thinks, " I want that position ", and you'll have to fight him off. Eventually he'll get tired of being beaten and leave you alone. Get the picture?

  In Christ you have the victory! So fight like it! Don't give up! You are a conqueror and coheir with Christ! Live like it!

  God bless you my brother's and sister's.
  "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (2 Corinthians 13:14) Amen!
   
  Teen for the Lord

 After the memorial we kids had a little photo shoot.


Michael is sooo photogenic. But don't tell him I said so.
~~smile~~
 A sweet picture of my lovely brother and sister.
\
This of course quickly took a turn for the worst.
And (of course) Michael won!
Then he turned his wrath on me!
Help!
In the end, we all made up and we lived happily ever after!
Tank: $5.00
Sweater (garage sale): $1.00
Skirt (given to me)
Shoes (clearance, Wal-mart): $7.00
Bracelet (garage sale): $0.25
Total:
$13.25

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful young lady! From Layna Vann... i dont have any of the other accounts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...